How Photography Helps Me Tell Your Story
My name is Matt Stagliano and I’m a portrait photographer in Maine. My journey to running a photo studio in a small town is certainly not a straight line. Watch this video and get an insight to why I chose photography over a career in the corporate world.
Personal connection with my clients is my highest priority and photography allows me to do that unlike anything else.
If you’d rather listen to my story and learn about all the aspects of building a business, please check out my full-length studio tour and also listen to my episode on The Portrait System Podcast.
Life Is Way Too Short to Have Uninteresting Portraits
Self Portraits are my way of expressing vulnerability. Because if I don’t do it myself, how can I ask you to do it? I’m often jumping in front of the camera to test out concepts or create art based on how I’m feeling at that exact moment. I do all of that so that when you show up for a portrait experience I can help you express anything you want!
I’m not afraid to laugh at myself and will show you that by using photography, you too can discover all new wonderful parts of yourself.
Give me a call, get to know me and make your own judgement on whether or not I’m the right fit for you.
But Life Is Way Too Short to Have Uninteresting Portraits
Self Portraits are my way of expressing vulnerability. Because if I don’t do it, how can I ask you to do it? But let’s start a bit more slowly.
If you ask anyone that knows me, they’ll tell you I’m happy, confident, caring, and generally a nice guy. I bet your friends say the same thing about you.
So I can sit here and list my whole resume, or you can give me a call, get to know me and make your own judgement.
The fact of the matter is that even though I may not know you, l love you. Yes, I said I love you, because I do. The mere fact that you exist on this planet, at this point in time, is worthy of my love.
I’m not afraid to laugh at myself, and will show you that, through photography, you can discover all new wonderful parts of yourself. Just the way I did.
Why I Do What I Do, For You
Over the years I’ve had a lot of different positions in a lot of different industries. Every job or venture has helped me grow and get closer to my true path: photography. I wouldn’t change a minute of it.
I feel like I was put on this planet to be a guide to help others discover more about themselves. I’ve always enjoyed teaching and managing and leading others, and at this point in my life, photography is the tool I use to do that.
I LOVE helping people explore parts of their personality and talking through their innermost thoughts. When we come to a better understanding of ourselves, we just tend to be better humans all around. I can show you the REAL you that hides deep inside. That person that is waiting to explode onto the world’s Main Stage.
So Why Photography?
I feel like I was put on this planet to be a guide. Not like a ranger in a National Forest type of guide (although that would be pretty rad), but someone to guide others to see who they really are. I’ve always enjoyed teaching and managing and leading others, and at this point in my life, photography is the tool I use to do that.
I LOVE helping people discover different parts of themselves and talking through their innermost thoughts. When we come to a better understanding of ourselves, we just tend to be better humans all around. I can show you the REAL you that hides deep inside. That person that is waiting to explode onto the world’s Main Stage.
Awards and Appearances
- 2021: Accredited Master Photographer – The Portrait Masters
- 2021: Gold Award for Excellence – Craft Videography and Cinematography – #SHERO Project – Communicator Awards
- 2021: Gold Award for Excellence – Craft Editing – #SHERO Project – Communicator Awards
- 2021: Gold Telly Award (and 3 Silver, 1 Bronze) – #SHERO Project – Online General Information
- 2019: Maine Professional Photographers Association: Commercial Image of the Year
- The Portrait System Podcast – Clubhouse Edition – Q&A: Reframe Your Mindset with Matt Stagliano – March 24, 2022
- The Portrait System Podcast LIVE from WPPI 2022 – a short segment (starting at 17:45) talking about my “superpower in business”
- The Artists Forge– “The Morning Walk with the Artists Forge” – Moderator and Panelist – Daily
- The Portrait System Podcast – Episode 64 – “Elevating Clients’ Stories Through Portraits” – March 22, 2021
- The Portrait System Podcast: Clubhouse Edition – “The Power of Healthful Balance” – July 1, 2021
- The Portrait System: Photography Studio Tour
- The Portrait System Podcast: “Q&A Mental Blocks and Boundaries” – Aug 5, 2021
- The Portrait System Podcast: “Bronze to Silver: Level Up Your Awards Submission” – Jan 21, 2021
- SKILLSET LIVE – Episode 86 – “Going Dark 101 – Crypto Currency and The Dark Web” – Sept 17, 2018
- Staff writer for SKILLSET Magazine since 2016
What You Don't Change, You Choose
That’s the motto I live by, and it helps me get out of bed and make the most of every single day. We’re not here all that long, so how will you make your mark?
Let’s have that conversation so I can hear all about your plans to change the world.
We answer all email and requests as they come in. If you have an urgent matter or would like to place an order please click the link below to give us a call.